Baby Potato Fry with Curry Leaves/Navratri Recipes. Stir fry till a little golden. Transfer in a bowl and set aside. Cooking methods for Baby potatoes is versatile; steamed, broiled, grilled, roasted, stir-fried, baked.
I decided to make Baby Potato Fry with Curry Leaves. It can pr prepared by anyone, you don't have to be a pro at cooking. Baby Potato Fry Or Chhote Aloo Ki Sabzi Recipe Card Potato curry leaves fry pictorial description: heat oil, splutter mustard seeds, crushed curry leaves when it turns crispy, add the crushed garlic goes in chopped potato, turmeric powder, salt and chilli powder. You can cook Baby Potato Fry with Curry Leaves/Navratri Recipes using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baby Potato Fry with Curry Leaves/Navratri Recipes
- You need 1/2 kg of Baby Potatoes boiled and peeled.
- You need 1 cup of fresh Curry Leaves.
- You need 2 tbsps of peanuts roasted and crushed.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Red chilli powder Optional.
- You need to taste of Rock Salt.
- Prepare 1 of large Tomato.
- It's 1 teaspoon of Cumin seeds.
- Prepare 2 of Dried red chillies.
Shallow fry boiled potatoes until they turn slightly light brown. Transfer them to a plate and keep aside. When cinnamon and cloves begin to crackle, add chopped onion, chopped green chilli and grated ginger. Add the sambar powder, rice flour, jeera powder, curry leaves,salt.
Baby Potato Fry with Curry Leaves/Navratri Recipes instructions
- Heat 2 tbsps. oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the baby potatoes, red chilli powder and salt and mix well. Stir fry till a little golden. Transfer in a bowl and set aside. Heat 1 tbsp oil in another pan, add the curry leaves and fry till crisp. Roughly chop tomato and add fried curry leaves to a mixer jar and blend to a smooth paste..
- Heat remaining oil in the pan add cumin seeds, green chillies and a few curry leaves. Add dried red chilli and ground paste and mix well. Add the fried potatoes and a little water, rock salt and mix well. Cover and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes..
- Add the crushed peanuts and mix well. Transfer into a serving bowl and serve hot garnished with a fresh coriander sprig. The taste of the curry leaves tickles the palate and it is lip-smacking when scooped up with the Kuttu ki Puri..
- Notes Prick the potatoes all over with a fork before cooking so that they imbibe all the salt, seasonings and flavours. If you do not have fresh curry leaves you can use dried and powdered too. If you do not want to fry the curry leaves you can dry roast in a pan or in a microwave..
In a pan, preferably non stick add oil and throw in the mustard seeds. Peel off the skin and keep aside. Heat a kadai with oil and temper with mustard and curry leaves. Put the flame to low and add asafoetida, red chilli powder, turmeric, dhaniya powder and give it a quick stir. Baby Potato fry/roast is a simple and delicious dish prepared with baby potatoes.