Sauerkraut, and Meatball Soup. Browned beef meatballs and sauerkraut are combined in a creamy soup base make with chicken bouillon and evaporated milk. Pour milk mixture into stock pot and then add sauerkraut and meat balls to soup. Sauerkraut, and Meatball Soup is food healthy is anything all of us want to do, although it is hard.
It is simple, it is quick, it. It is actually a very easy and simple soup to make, but tastes like you spent all day on it! The flavor from the meatballs blend right into the soup creating a perfect marriage! You can cook Sauerkraut, and Meatball Soup using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sauerkraut, and Meatball Soup
- Prepare of Soup.
- It's 1 pound of beef meatballs see my recipes.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of butter.
- It's 1 pound of potatoes.
- You need 1/2 pound of carrots.
- You need 1 of medium red onion.
- Prepare 28 ounce of can sauerkraut.
- Prepare 1 quart of mushroom broth.
- You need 2 quarts of beef broth.
- It's 1/2 pound of ziti rigati pasta.
- It's 1/3 pound of summer sausage.
- It's of Spices.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of summer savory.
- It's 1 teaspoon of parsley.
- It's of To taste salt.
- It's of To taste ground black pepper.
- It's of To taste ground white pepper.
- Prepare 5 of whole juniper berries.
Heat oil, saute onion until fragrant then add in flour an paprika, stir to combine. When browned, remove balls and set aside. Best Sauerkraut Soup Recipe with Meatballs. I just added a couple of meatballs to the soup to fill up our stomachs a little more… Ah well, who doesn't love a good old meatball soup from time to time!
Sauerkraut, and Meatball Soup step by step
- Wash, peel, and slice the potatoes then cut into manageable pieces. Wash, peel, and slice the carrots. Slice the garlic. Peel the summer sausage slice as thick as the potatoes. Now quarter the sausage slices..
- Brown in a pot the meatballs in the butter. Set meatballs aside. Add potatoes, garlic, onions, and carrots and sauté in the butter and liquids in the pot that had the meatballs. Add in the mushroom broth, juniper berries, and spices. Chop the juniper berries..
- Drain and rinse the sauerkraut. Add to the pot the sauerkraut and pasta with the vegetables along with the meatballs..
- Add half the beef broth. After 15 minutes add the rest of the broth. Allow to cook covered for 30 minutes. Serve with bread I hope you enjoy!!!.
But have you ever thought of also adding sauerkraut to your soup before? Pour remaining ingredients in a sauce pan. Test one meatball (I know this is hard- LOL) to make sure it's done. To make meatballs, place all ingredients in a bowl and mix with hands to combine. With wet hands, roll mixture into walnut-size balls.