Judul : Easiest Way to Cook Perfect Native palm oil stew
link : Easiest Way to Cook Perfect Native palm oil stew
Easiest Way to Cook Perfect Native palm oil stew
Native palm oil stew. I have held this recipe close to myself for a long time. My grandma made this stew as a welcome dish for us whenever we visited her for holidays. Also known as Palm Oil Stew or Palm Nut Soup, you will find people enjoying it in every county in Liberia and from countries all along the coast of West Africa.
Palm Oil or native palm oil (iwre urhobo) Starch or garri - you can choose to use both. Boil your assorted meats with stockfish. Once cooked, with enough stock, add dry pepper and crayfish. You can cook Native palm oil stew using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Native palm oil stew
- It's of Ripe fresh pepper, this us the major ingredient in the stew.
- You need of Onions.
- You need of Iru.
- You need of Fresh tomatoes, very little.
- You need of Blended crayfish.
- You need of Palmoil.
- You need of Dry fish.
- You need of Fresh mackerel fish.
- You need cubes of Knor.
- Prepare of Benny stock powder.
- You need to taste of Salt.
At the heart of this chicken, peanut and palm oil stew is the moambe or mwambe sauce. The sauce is made with palm oil and serves as the basis for a multitude of West African dishes. Muamba nsusu is a recipe that leverages this moambe sauce to create a more stewy soup or curry also flavored with peanuts, chickens and various vegetables. Pour the palm oil into a pan, set on medium heat.
Native palm oil stew step by step
- Roughly blend your fresh pepper, fresh tomatoes and onions then boil till dry.
- Season your dryfish with Benny and knor cubes and boil with little water to release its flavour.
- Heat your palm oil for few minutes, not completely bleached so as not to loose the fresh taste of palmoil.
- Add your sliced onions, crayfish and iru, frying your crayfish and iru helps to intensify their flavour.
- Add your roughly blended pepper mix and fry till almost dry.
- Add the boiled fish and stock then fry further till dry.
- Taste and adjust the taste, then bring down, is not a watery kind of stew, is more like a sauce..
- Serve with either rice or yam..
Try not to leave the crayfish for too long to avoid it burning or it'll give your stew a bitter taste… The stew is called " palm oil stew " because instead of using the regular vegetable oil, you use palm fruit oil. Palm Butter Soup, Poulet Moambé / Poulet Nyembwe, Moambé Stew, and Okra & Greens are other African recipes that use palm oil or canned Palm Soup base. Groundnut Stew is a similar recipe made with peanuts (or peanut butter) instead of palm oil and palm nuts (or canned palm soup base). Palm-Oil Chop is another famous West Coast dish This Palm oil based pepper stew also known as obe ata by the originators of this dish is one of my favorite stews from the people of western Nigeria. This Palm oil stew should not be confused with my Iya Iyabo Buka stew because they are very different both in taste and style.
Demikianlah Artikel Easiest Way to Cook Perfect Native palm oil stew
Anda sekarang membaca artikel Easiest Way to Cook Perfect Native palm oil stew dengan alamat link https://www.nulisprener.org/2020/10/easiest-way-to-cook-perfect-native-palm.html