Sauerkraut, and Meatball Soup. Browned beef meatballs and sauerkraut are combined in a creamy soup base make with chicken bouillon and evaporated milk. Then add the sauerkraut, the water, beef bouillon, the mustard, tomato paste and the pickled gherkins. Season the soup with a pinch of pepper.
Pour in the beef broth, sauerkraut and water. In kettle put sauerkraut, tomatoes, carrots, celery, onions, potatoes, pepper, bouillon cubes, water and bay leaves. Heat the oil in a large skillet, and brown the meatballs on all sides. You can have Sauerkraut, and Meatball Soup using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sauerkraut, and Meatball Soup
- Prepare of Soup.
- It's 1 pound of beef meatballs see my recipes.
- You need 1/2 stick of butter.
- You need 1 pound of potatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 pound of carrots.
- It's 1 of medium red onion.
- Prepare 28 ounce of can sauerkraut.
- Prepare 1 quart of mushroom broth.
- Prepare 2 quarts of beef broth.
- You need 1/2 pound of ziti rigati pasta.
- You need 1/3 pound of summer sausage.
- It's of Spices.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of summer savory.
- You need 1 teaspoon of parsley.
- Prepare of To taste salt.
- You need of To taste ground black pepper.
- Prepare of To taste ground white pepper.
- Prepare 5 of whole juniper berries.
Remove meatballs, and drain fat from pan, leaving browned bits in bottom. Add sauerkraut and juice to skillet, and top with meatballs. This Sauerkraut Soup recipe, aka Sauerkrautsuppe, is a favorite. It's one of the easy Eintopf (one-pot) meals that Germany is so famous for.
Sauerkraut, and Meatball Soup instructions
- Wash, peel, and slice the potatoes then cut into manageable pieces. Wash, peel, and slice the carrots. Slice the garlic. Peel the summer sausage slice as thick as the potatoes. Now quarter the sausage slices..
- Brown in a pot the meatballs in the butter. Set meatballs aside. Add potatoes, garlic, onions, and carrots and sauté in the butter and liquids in the pot that had the meatballs. Add in the mushroom broth, juniper berries, and spices. Chop the juniper berries..
- Drain and rinse the sauerkraut. Add to the pot the sauerkraut and pasta with the vegetables along with the meatballs..
- Add half the beef broth. After 15 minutes add the rest of the broth. Allow to cook covered for 30 minutes. Serve with bread I hope you enjoy!!!.
Everything's cooked in one pot - easy clean-up! You can alter the amounts of the veggies or meat according to your tastes. Mix meatballs, sauerkraut, chili sauce, white sugar, brown sugar, hot water, and vinegar in a slow cooker, stirring to dissolve sugar. In Romanian we call these types of soups "ciorba". "Ciorba" in Romanian usually refers to sour soups with vegetables and some form of meat. They are made sour by adding either lemon juice, "bors" which is fermented wheat bran, sauerkraut juice, or sometimes even vinegar. "Ciorba de perisoare" basically means meatball soup.