Judul : How to Prepare Perfect Mike's New Orleans Old School Seafood Gumbo
link : How to Prepare Perfect Mike's New Orleans Old School Seafood Gumbo
How to Prepare Perfect Mike's New Orleans Old School Seafood Gumbo
Mike's New Orleans Old School Seafood Gumbo. How to Make Authentic New Orleans Seafood Gumbo - This homemade gumbo recipe is loaded with lots of fresh seafood and intense Cajun flavors for a deliciously bold taste of Louisiana. New Orleans Style Shrimp, Chicken and Sausage Gumbo Recipe #Plated #GumboRecipe. Not Mickey is the most pleasant, professional server we.
All Reviews for Good New Orleans Creole Gumbo. I recently got engaged so i wanted to learn a few dishes and this was my first. I have prepared Seafood Gumbo - New Orleans. You can cook Mike's New Orleans Old School Seafood Gumbo using 34 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mike's New Orleans Old School Seafood Gumbo
- You need of ● For The Simple Roux.
- You need 1 Cup of AP Flour.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Bacon Grease.
- It's of ● For The Seafood.
- Prepare 3 Pounds of Raw Jumbo Gulf Shrimp [de-veined - de-shelled & de-tail.
- It's 2 Pounds of Pre-Steamed Crawdad Tails [shell free & rinsed of any s.
- Prepare 1 Pound of Pre-Steamed Lump Crab Meat [fresh or canned - picked thr.
- It's of ● For The Meats.
- You need 1 Pound of Pre-cooked Andouille Sausage [rough chopped].
- Prepare of ● For The Fresh & Canned Vegetables.
- Prepare 1 of EX LG Green Bell Pepper [seeds & membranes removed - fine chop.
- It's 1 of EX LG White Onion [fine chopped].
- It's 3 of LG Celery Stalks [fine chopped with leaves].
- It's 4 of Garlic Cloves [fine minced].
- Prepare 1 (14.5 oz) of Can Stewed Tomatoes [hand crushed].
- Prepare 1 (6 oz) of Can Tomato Sauce.
- You need of ● For The Seasonings.
- You need 3 of LG Bay Leaves.
- It's 1 tbsp of Filo.
- You need 1 tbsp of Granulated Sugar.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Tabasco Or Louisiana Hot Sauce [or, more to taste - we us.
- You need 1 tbsp of Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning [or, more to taste + gar.
- It's 1/2 tsp of Dried Thyme.
- It's 2 tbsp of Beef Bouillon Powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of Gumbo File Powder.
- It's 1 tbsp of Worshestershire Sauce.
- It's 1 tbsp of Red Pepper Flakes.
- Prepare 12 Cups of Seafood, Beef Or Chicken Stock [low sodium].
- You need of ● For The Sides [as needed].
- Prepare of Jalapeño Corn Bread.
- It's of Louisiana Or Tabasco Hot Sauce.
- Prepare of Tony Satcheries Creole Seasoning.
- Prepare of Potato Salad.
- Prepare of White Rice.
Mike S New Orleans Old School Seafood Gumbo Recipe By Mmobrien Cookpad cookpad.com New Orleans Gumbo Recipe Taste Of Home www.tasteofhome.com Authentic New Orleans Seafood Gumbo A Spicy Perspective www.aspicyperspective.com. Ingredients for New Orleans Seafood Gumbo. Serving Suggestions for New Orleans Seafood Gumbo. Serve over white rice and garnish with chopped green onions and gumbo file'.
Mike's New Orleans Old School Seafood Gumbo step by step
- Here's what you'll need. Crawdad tails and 12 cups seafood stock not pictured. Sorry. The students got a bit ancy in their picture taking between their dips in the pool and hot tub!.
- Make your simple roux by whisking your flour and bacon grease together in a large, heavy based saucepan over medium heat to form your smooth brown roux. Whisk constantly for 40 - 45 minutes. Or, until your roux achieves a mahogany color. Know the hardest part of your roux will be the time it takes her to fully brown. Be patient and be sure not to burn. ● Authors Tip: Always save your un-burnt bacon grease in a tightly sealed jar in the fridge. It'll last forever and always comes in handy!.
- A completed, darkened roux. This literally makes the gumbo! You should be smelling a delicious nutty scent by the time this specific color develops!.
- Fine chop your hard vegetables. [trinity = celery, bell peppers & onions] Mince your garlic as well..
- Rough chop your pre-cooked Andouille Sausage..
- Add your vegetables in the roux and mix in your sausage. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat and simmer until your vegetables are slightly tender. About 10 minutes but again, stir constantly..
- If you'd like - create your own seafood stock with your leftover fluids from your de-thawed shrimp, shells, tails and excess fluids from your seafood bags. Add a total of 12 cups water. Boil for 15 minutes and fine strain. Add seafood stock to pot. This is so much better than plain old water! Chicken or beef stock works as well in a pinch..
- Now, bring roux, vegetables, broth, bouillon and all seasonings to a simmer for 30 minutes except for filet powder. Add filet 15 minutes and stir prior to serving while at a heavy simmer. Pull bay leaves out following that simmer..
- Add your de-thawed, de-veined, de-shelled and de-tailed raw jumbo shrimp and simmer on high for two minutes. You don't want to over cook them. Then, add pre-steamed crab meat and crawdad tails for 1 minute longer and simmer on high. Just enough to heat them. ● Authors Note: Both Gulf and East Coast Raw Jumbo Shrimp were used in this recipe out of necessity today. I usually only use Jumbo Gulf Coast Shrimp. This explains the color variations below if you're at all curious by the photo below..
- ● Authors Tip: Always save your un-burnt bacon grease in a tightly sealed jar in the fridge. It'll last forever and always comes in handy!.
- Rinse pre-steamed crawdad tails of any silt - as there WILL be some - then rough chop. To be added in the last 1 minute of cooking. Just enough time to heat them and finish up the shrimp. ● Authors Note: You can purchase crawdad tails at any Walmart in the frozen seafood section. Much like the roux - these little bad boys really do make the dish!.
- Pre-steamed lump crab meat. Carefully pick thru for any crab shells. To be added in the last 1 minute of cooking. Just enough time to heat them and finish up the shrimp..
- Enjoy your authentic taste of NOLA! [new orleans].
- It's even better if left to sit overnight in the fridge. She'll darken a bit as she sets. This dish is also great for busy, "on the go," work lunches!.
- This is always a traditional egg-celent chilly side to any Gumbo. See my recipe for, "Mike's Old Fashion Potato Egg Salad," under my profile to serve as a side dish if you'd like. Like Gumbo itself, it's so much better on the second day! Enjoy!.
So I'm breaking out Old Smokey for her maiden Barbecue. I'll let know how I make out. Antoine's mouthwatering Creole Gumbo recipe is a guaranteed crowd pleaser. Still need a New Orleans restaurant for your group? Send us the specifics and restaurants will get back to you directly!
Demikianlah Artikel How to Prepare Perfect Mike's New Orleans Old School Seafood Gumbo
Anda sekarang membaca artikel How to Prepare Perfect Mike's New Orleans Old School Seafood Gumbo dengan alamat link https://www.nulisprener.org/2020/09/how-to-prepare-perfect-mike-new-orleans.html