Beef Stew on the Stovetop. Saute garlic and beef until beef is browned on all sides and some of the liquid, if any, has cooked down. Add onions and cook until translucent. You can add a little bacon grease or cooked crumbled bacon at this point if you like, for extra flavor.
How to Make Beef Stew on the Stovetop Put the beef stew meat into a glass or stainless-steel bowl. Mix until all the beef is covered. Directions In a large saucepan, combine the pot roast dinner, tomatoes, broth, wine, celery, pepper and marjoram. You can cook Beef Stew on the Stovetop using 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef Stew on the Stovetop
- It's of Chuck Roast--------------------.
- Prepare 4 pound of Black Angus chuck.
- You need 1 tablespoon of lard.
- It's 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- It's 1/2 of large onion diced.
- It's 1 cup of sliced celery.
- It's of Vegetables------------------------------.
- It's 4 pound of white potatoes.
- It's 2 pounds of carrots.
- It's 1-1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare 2-1/2 quarts of water.
- It's 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- You need of Thickener------------------.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter.
- It's 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- It's 1 pint of beef broth.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- It's As needed of water to thin if needed.
- You need 12 cup of cooked rice see any of my recipes.
In a large pot or dutch oven, cook beef in oil over medium heat until brown. Dissolve bouillon in water and pour into pot. Stir in rosemary, parsley and pepper. Ground pork or ground lamb can be substituted for ground beef.
Beef Stew on the Stovetop step by step
- Heat a pan and add a little lard to it. Slice the beef into bite sized pieces and remove tendons pieces and any other hard pieces. Season the beef. Boil the water..
- Add the pieces of beef to the hot pan with the onions and celery. Sauté the mixture till the beef is no longer pink..
- Add the potatoes and carrots to the boiling water along with the spices. Cook covered till fork tender. Add the beef mixture to the potatoes and carrots..
- Add the butter to a pan and melt. Add the flour and spices to the butter. Stirring constantly till it's browned a bit..
- Add the broth. It will thin out then thicken back up. If too thick then thin with the water just enough to pour into stew..
- Stir well simmer 10 minutes covered then let rest for 10 minutes. Serve with rice. I hope you enjoy!!.
It can also be cooked on the stovetop, which we do, or slow cooker. With switched-up ingredients and creative twists, these variations elevate the classic from familiar to fabulous. Stir in wine, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the stockpot. Stir in beef stock, thyme, bay leaves and steak. Brown the beef over medium-high heat.