Lasagna. This classic lasagna is made with an easy meat sauce as the base. Layer the sauce with noodles and cheese, then bake until bubbly! This is great for feeding a big family, and freezes well, too.
This lasagna recipe calls for uncooked noodles to be baked between layers of cheese and beef in spaghetti sauce. My family loves lasagna, but sometimes I lack the time for the long version. Roast sweet potato, peppers, courgette and spinach combine with an all-in-one cheese sauce to make this easy veggie lasagne. You can have Lasagna using 17 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lasagna
- It's of For the Ragú (meat filling).
- You need 1 of medium red onion.
- Prepare 1 of medium carrot.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- It's 1 of laurel leave.
- It's 700 gr of minced beef (can also be mix of pork and beef).
- It's 1 kg of passata di pomodoro (better with basil).
- Prepare 4 tbsp of concentrate tomato paste.
- You need 1 of mozzarella di bufala (optional but soooo much better ;P).
- Prepare of Grated parmigiano reggiano (enough to cover 3-4 layers in your oven plate).
- It's 1-2 of stock cubes (meat) - can be replaced by salt and pepper.
- You need 3-4 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1-2 glasses of red wine.
- Prepare 1 of gentle cube of butter (for the oven plate).
- It's of For Lasagna:.
- Prepare of Béchamel (enough to slightly cover every layer): this is optional and you can get your favorite recipe from cookpad ;).
- Prepare of Dry lasagna pasta (deCecco, Opera or other brand recommended by an italian or found in italian food store - preferably that does not need previous cooking).
This was the best lasagna I had ever eaten. The sauce was intensely flavored, the cheeses melted into creaminess as if they were bechamel, the meat was just chunky enough, and the noodles put up no. These lasagna recipes (some vegan, others stuffed full of meat and cheese) prove just how much flavor can be stacked between sheets of pasta. Traditional lasagna must be one of the most delectable dishes in the Italian repertoire.
- For Bolognese:.
- Grind onion, carrot and garlic, small but not to a paste.
- Put oil in big frying pan (enough to cover the whole surface), medium fire.
- Pour the ground vegetables and cook until carrot is tender (~5min).
- Add meat, let it cook a bit and then add the red wine (just enough to cover the meat, 1 glass should be enough but depends on your frying pan size).
- When red wine has been absorbed, add the stock cubes (or salt and pepper) and mix well.
- Add the passata di pomodoro, the concentrate tomato paste and the laurel leave. Cover the pan and let it cook in low fire until done (at least 1h).
- The Lasagna magic:.
- Heat oven at 170C (~340F).
- Rub butter all around the surface of your deep oven plate.
- Put a layer of dry lasagne pasta, one of bolognese, a bit of béchamel, a bit of the mozzarela di buffala and enough grated parmigiano to slightly cover the layer. Repeat until the oven plate is full (usually 3-4 layers). The top layer has pasta, then just béchamel and parmigiano on the top.
- Put in oven and let cook the time and heat the pasta instructions say (usually 170C/340F, 30 min, both up & down).
- Change to gratin mode for the last 5 minutes for an extra touch.
- If you can resist, leave it rest a bit after heating... Lasagna is better the more time the pasta has to absorb the bolognese ;).
The history of lasagna is old and may date to Roman times. Unlike most Italian dishes traditional lasagna is not a. This lasagna recipe is super simple to make, and so flavorful. It's perfect for potlucks and other The site may earn a commission on some products. It couldn't be easier to make.