Crispy Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies.
You can have Crispy Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies using 11 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crispy Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- You need 90 g (3.2 oz) of unsalted butter, room temperature.
- You need 55 g of (1.9 oz, 4.5 Tbsp) granulated sugar.
- You need 1 of egg yolk.
- Prepare 1 g (1/5 tsp) of salt.
- Prepare 30 g of (1 oz, 5 Tbsp) almond flour.
- It's 120 g of (4.2 oz, 1 us cup) cake flour.
- It's 6 drops of vanilla oil.
- Prepare 60 g of (2.1 oz, 1/3 us cup) chocolate chips.
- Prepare of Coating & Topping.
- You need 90 g (3 oz) of chocolate.
- Prepare of almonds.
Crispy Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies step by step
- ★Recipe video★ (my You Tube channel)→https://youtu.be/m6-NvawLwww.
- Let butter sit at room temperature to soften beforehand. Sift flour twice; set aside..
- Cream the butter until smooth. Add granulated sugar in 3 parts, and mix well each time..
- Mix well with a hand mixer on low speed until white for 4 mins. Use a spatula to transfer the edge butter into the center and mix evenly..
- Add egg yolk. Mix well with a hand mixer on low speed until combined. Use a spatula to transfer the edge mixture into the center and mix evenly. You should scrape the batter off the hand mixer as possible, and put it back in the bowl..
- Add salt and almond flour, and mix well with a spatula until combined. Add vanilla oil, and mix well until combined..
- Add the flour, and fold it into the mixture while sometimes scooping the flour. Mix it until the lumps form like this (3rd photo)..
- Add chocolate chips, and fold them into the mixture about 7 times. Scrape off the edge flour and fold it roughly into the dough..
- Put the dough onto a work surface. Use your hands to gather lumps together. Weigh it and put half of the dough onto a work surface..
- Knead it lightly, and put it on a plastic wrap. Fold one side of the plastic wrap and cover the dough, and press it to flatten. Repeat folding and pressing 10 times until smooth..
- Use your hand to make it a rectangle. Roll out into 1cm (0.4'') thick, and make it a rectangle of 18 x 8 cm (7'' × 3.1''). If it gets too soft, cool it once in a fridge..
- Seal it with plastic wrap. Roll out the other half in the same way. Refrigerate them for 3 hours..
- 3 hours later, cut each into 2 cm / 0.8'' width. Put them on the baking tray. Put in a freezer for 30 mins. Preheat an oven to 190℃ / 374F..
- Bake it at 170℃ / 338 F for 20-22 mins. Let it cool thoroughly on a net. Freshly baked cookies are soft but become crisp when cooled..
- Cut 30g / 1 oz chocolate into very fine pieces; set aside. Melt 60g / 2 oz chocolate with a microwave until smooth to make it 40-45℃ (104-113F). Please don't heat too much to prevent separating..
- Put the fined chocolate in the melted chocolate. Stir to melt and lower to 30-32℃ (84-89F)..
- Dip 1/3 of each cookie into the chocolate. Let excess drip off, and place on parchment paper..
- Chop almonds into small pieces. Top the chocolate with the chopped almonds. Let them cool in a fridge for 10-15 mins..
- Done! Please store them in a sealed container to keep a crispy texture. It’s even better to put a desiccant in the container together..