Use-up Comfy Chicken Paprika Leftover Soup. Ramp up the flavour profile with garlic, coriander, lime, cumin and chilli, and crumble over creamy feta to finish. Got boneless, skinless chicken breasts in your freezer? This smoky, juicy chicken recipe makes enough to cook once and eat twice.
Ready made pie crusts make this homestyle Chicken pot pie recipe super easy. Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper, to taste. You can cook Use-up Comfy Chicken Paprika Leftover Soup using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Use-up Comfy Chicken Paprika Leftover Soup
- It's 1 portion of Comfy Chicken Paprika (see my Cookpad recipe), = 2 cooked chicken thighs and 250-350 ml of the sauce but a little more the merrier!.
- It's 1 tbsp of vegetable oil (cold-pressed recommended).
- Prepare 1 of leek, sliced.
- It's 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, chopped.
- You need 1 of potato, unpeeled but diced.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, unpeeled but diced.
- Prepare 1 litre of chicken stock (I used Knorr Stock Pots).
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Ground black pepper.
Chicken stew can be made in one pot using leftover baked or broiled chicken breasts, thighs or other parts, and supplies a host of nutritional benefits. It also contains B vitamins, zinc, magnesium and potassium. I'm originally from Minnesota, where wild rice grows in abundance and is very popular in recipes. This creamy chicken and wild rice soup has been part of our Christmas Eve menu for years.
Use-up Comfy Chicken Paprika Leftover Soup step by step
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or stockpot and gently fry the leek and onion for 3 minutes, stirring only to avoid sticking..
- Add the garlic and continue frying for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Stir in the potato and carrots. Fry for a further minute, gently stirring continuously. Then add the stock, stirring well to mix. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and cook on a fast simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Season to taste (you may not need any salt) and whizz to a smooth consistency..
- Serve piping hot with granary bread or crusty roll..
Add the paprika, thyme and flour and stir to coat the veggies. Pour in the broth and increase the heat to high to bring to a boil. Add the chicken and reduce heat back to medium. Use up leftover chicken in this rustic soup with garlic yogurt. Use up leftover chicken in this fruity, spicy sarnie - swap mayonnaise for Greek yogurt in.