Double Mousse Dome Cake (Zuccotto Cake). Whip the heavy cream (for the cream cheese mousse) until it forms thick ribbons when the whisk is lifted. My first attempt at making a dome cake: this cake has a brownie base with a dark chocolate mousse and a core of white chocolate mousse, all topped with a. Our zuccotto recipes include one made with ladyfingers and one made with pound cake.
Whisk in the flour and then the milk. Place the double boiler over medium heat. Swedish princess cakes and dome shaped cakes for weddings and special occasions, with lots of design inspiration from the world's top sugar artists Great recipe for Double Mousse Dome Cake (Zuccotto Cake). You can cook Double Mousse Dome Cake (Zuccotto Cake) using 25 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Double Mousse Dome Cake (Zuccotto Cake)
- You need 1 of Sponge cake (refer to the following recipe: https://cookpad.com/en/recipes/146484-foolproof-fluffy-genoise-sponge-cake).
- You need of Decoration.
- It's 200 ml of Heavy cream.
- It's 15 grams of Sugar.
- You need 1 of Strawberries.
- It's 1 of Blueberries.
- It's 1 of Silver dragées.
- You need 1 of Powdered sugar.
- You need 1 of Diced almonds.
- Prepare of Chocolate mousse.
- Prepare 60 grams of Chocolate.
- It's 30 ml of Milk.
- You need 1 dash of Rum (optional).
- Prepare 2 grams of Powdered gelatin.
- It's 100 ml of Heavy cream.
- It's of ☆No-bake cream cheese mousse with strawberries and blueberries.
- You need 50 ml of Heavy cream.
- You need 3 grams of Powdered gelatin.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Water.
- Prepare 80 grams of Strawberries.
- You need 30 grams of Blueberries.
- You need 35 grams of Granulated sugar.
- Prepare 3 grams of Lemon juice.
- It's 20 grams of ＊ Yogurt.
- You need 100 grams of ＊ Cream cheese.
I was determined to make a zuccotto cake for Christmas but only had a vague idea. See recipes for Double Mousse Dome Cake (Zuccotto Cake) too. I was determined to make a zuccotto cake for Christmas but only had a vague idea at first. So I created this by incorporating things that my son and husband like.
Double Mousse Dome Cake (Zuccotto Cake) step by step
- Prepare the sponge cake. I use this recipe here: https://cookpad.com/en/recipes/146484-foolproof-fluffy-genoise-sponge-cake https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/146484-foolproof-fluffy-genoise-sponge-cake.
- Slice the sponge cake into 4 layers..
- Cut one layer into 4 strips and another into a smaller circle..
- Line a bowl with plastic wrap and place 1 layer of the sliced sponge cake at the bottom. Line the sides with the 4 strips of cake..
- Cover the bowl from Step 4 and the rest of the sponge cake with plastic wrap. Whip the heavy cream (for the cream cheese mousse) until it forms thick ribbons when the whisk is lifted..
- Cut the strawberries in small pieces and combine with blueberries, granulated sugar, and lemon juice. Microwave at 500 W for 1 minute..
- Combine the water and gelatin. Microwave at 500W for 30 seconds. Add the berry mixture from Step 6 and ingredients in a blender and blend. Blend in the heated gelatin afterwards..
- Add the mixture from Step 7 into the whipped cream from Step 5 and mix thoroughly..
- Pour in the batter from Step 8 into the bowl from Step 4..
- Place the small circular sponge cake on top, cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge..
- Let's make the chocolate mousse. Roughly chop the chocolate and combine with the milk. Microwave at 600 W for 1 minute and mix well..
- Sprinkle in the powdered gelatin and mix well..
- While letting the chocolate mixture cool, whip the heavy cream until it forms thick ribbons when the whisk is lifted..
- Add the chocolate mixture into the whipped cream and mix thoroughly..
- Take the cake from Step 10 out of the fridge, and pour in the mixture from Step 14..
- Place the remaining sponge cake, cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for about 1 to 1.5 hours to harden..
- Remove from fridge, take off the plastic wrap and place the bottom of the mold on top..
- Flip it over on a cake plate or a rack..
- Add the sugar into heavy cream, whip until soft peaks form, and spread it around the cake..
- Decorate with strawberries, blueberries and it's done..
- My son decorated it into a Christmas cake using some meringue sweets. He has a surprisingly good taste!.
- The inside looks like this..
Yeti Dome Zuccotto Cake: My son loves the Yeti creature, so when he watched the movie Goosebumps and the Abominable Snowman appeared, it immediately became his favorite movie. He watched it numerous times and even requested me to make a Yeti. Zuccotto cake is a traditional Italian recipe from Umbria and Toscana regions. Serve it to your guests or simply make it for fun! Featured Recipe - Southern Season Mozzarella); Zuccotto alla Ricotta (A slick looking domed cake filled with a ricotta mousse studded with chocolate and.