Japanese Curry Pumpkin Soup #mommasrecipes. Reviews for: Photos of Curry Pumpkin Soup. This Kabocha Squash Soup Recipe (Japanese Pumpkin Soup) is seasoned with ginger, coconut milk, + red Thai curry paste for the win! Japanese curry has a slightly sweeter flavor, often due to pear or apple Always key to a good meal.
Kuri squash and kabocha squash are both excellent in this Japanese Pumpkin Curry Stew. The typical soup curry consists of the following: a light curry flavored soup, chicken leg, and non-battered deep-fried vegetables ("suage"-style, 素揚 Unlike the typical Japanese curry, steamed rice is always served separately. You scoop up the rice and then dip into the soup curry to enjoy together. You can cook Japanese Curry Pumpkin Soup #mommasrecipes using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Japanese Curry Pumpkin Soup #mommasrecipes
- It's 3 cups of diced Kabocha squash.
- It's 1 of carrot, diced.
- You need 1 cup of cut cauliflower or potatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, diced.
- It's 1 cup of leek, sliced.
- Prepare 4 oz of firm tofu, cubed.
- Prepare 1 cup of cooked beans, optional.
- You need 16 oz of homemade stock.
- Prepare 3 Tsp of olive oil.
- It's 2 Tsp of All purpose flour.
- It's 2 Tsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of each toasted cumin, coriander, fennel seeds, powered.
- You need 2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of each chili, cinnamon and ginger powder.
- You need 2 Tsp of concentrated tomato paste.
- You need 1/2 cup of apple puree or 1 Tsp honey.
Curried pumpkin soup - stir in a touch of curry powder once you blitz it, add little by little. This Curry Pumpkin Soup recipe is made with red curry paste for the perfect amount of heat, creamy coconut & pumpkin puree for a spicy holiday treat! The pumpkin makes the soup thick, fibrous, and slightly sweet, while the freshly toasted pumpkin seeds are fun to munch on. The Indian curry and fresh ginger make this soup plenty spicy, and a dash of cayenne heightens the fiery burn.
Japanese Curry Pumpkin Soup #mommasrecipes step by step
- Make curry paste ahead of the time. Heat up butter and stir in flour on low heat. Once incorporated, add all spices and apple puree. Mix and cook until a thick paste form. Divide the paste into 2 blocks and refrigerate them. Next morning, saute carrot, cauliflower, onion in olive oil until aromatic, about 1 minute..
- Add Kabocha squash, tofu, cooked beans. Stir in one half of curry paste made yesterday. Pour in homemade stock and 32 oz of water. Cook on high heat for about 10 minutes. Check the doneness of the squash and add more paste if needed. Simmer for another 5-10 minutes..
- Serve with multigrain rice and another entree, such as chicken vegetable patty in one of my other recipe. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/6681848-chicken-vegetable-patties-%E9%B8%A1%E8%82%89%E9%A5%BC?via=profile.
Japanese curry powder is a spice blend made up of mild spices and herbs. While primarily used to make curry, it can also be used in soups, stews, noodles and anything you want to add a mild, subtly sweet curry flare to. The rich and complex flavor of this pumpkin soup comes from the squash itself, plus a few key spices. Pumpkin Soup with Real Pumpkin—Yes, You Can Do It! But don't chop up that jack-o-lantern just yet!